BUILDING OUR COMMUNITY THROUGH THE FOUNDATION OF SWIMMING FOR OVER 60 YEARS.
Membership Application Procedures
Membership for 2020 is Full. We will post our new application for 2021 on March 1, 2021.
Please read the information below before applying.
The Little Dipper Pool is open to members of the Skyway Park Civic Association. Early membership in the Association is open to: (1) qualifying applicants who currently reside within the boundaries set by School District 12 for Canon, Skyway, Broadmoor, and Gold Camp Elementary Schools; (2) renewing members of the Association who still qualify for membership pursuant to the By-laws and/or (3) applicants who have maintained a membership in the Association for 10 or more consecutive years.
If 200 memberships are not filled by April 18, by the above qualifications, membership vacancies can be from outside the residing area but still within School District 12’s geographic boundaries. After May 1, if memberships are still available, residences outside the boundaries may apply and be accepted in the order in which they are received.
Membership application will be considered as follows:
* Renewing members will be given first priority for membership, if their application is postmarked by April 15, 2020 and received in the Association’s post office box within three working days after that date.
* Renewing members lose their right to apply with the priority over new members if their application is postmarked after April 15, 2020 and not received in the Association’s post office box by April 18, 2020.
* Prospective new members who meet the residential criteria will be considered on April 18, 2020 on a first come-first serve basis, and will be notified once admitted as a new member. (Prospective members should download and mail application materials AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! New members will be considered in the order in which their applications are received.)
* Notice for Renewing Members: Renewing members’ checks will be cashed as they are received. Your cashed check will serve as your receipt and membership verification.
* A membership information packet is available online and may be downloaded at any time. It is strongly recommended that all members read through these documents as they will include important pool updates for 2020.
* Membership applications will be available to download beginning
March 1. Interested parties shall download the application, waiver form and return them signed, with full payment, via regular mail to the Skyway Park Civic Association’s post office box.
Skyway Park Civic Association
P.O. Box 38852
Colorado Springs, CO 80937-8852
APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED BY MAIL ONLY
The 2020 Little Dipper Pool Board would like to welcome all new and returning members to the Little Dipper Swimming Pool.
ABOUT THE LITTLE DIPPER
The Little Dipper’s purpose is to help build community through the foundation of swimming and has been serving Skyway families for 60 years.
Established in 1954, the Little Dipper Pool is a community gem. Nestled in the heart of Skyway, which is located on the Southwest region of Colorado Springs, the pool provides a family environment for all to enjoy. Affectionately known as the “Dip,” the pool offers large grassy areas to relax, a shallow end for little ones, and a diving board for the more adventurous kids and adults.
If you are looking for a fun and relaxing way to spend the day, the pool offers light snacks for purchase and multiple BBQ’s for grilling up a delicious meal.
The pool regularly has events to bring pool members together such as Teen Night, Kid’s Night, Family Night, Volleyball League, Fiesta Night, 4th of July Celebration, Fun Day and the Luau. Members can find any of the pool happens on the pool calendar on the website.
The Little Dipper also offers swim lessons for all ages. Sign up instructions will be sent out to Members about how and when to sign up.
Advertising & Fundraising
Advertise your Business at The Little Dipper Pool
Your banner will be seen by 200 local families for the entire summer. You can provide the banner or one can be made for you!
Please contact our VP Kat Sonner with any questions 719 331 6993 .
THE LITTLE DIPPER POOL
1232 Milky Way Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Tel: (719) 475-2008
For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form:
SKYWAY PARK CIVIC ASSOCIATION, INC
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President | Rodney Diffendaffer |970 776 6850
Vice President | Kat Sonner | 719 331 6993
Secretary | Kim Santaniello | 719 433 8442
Membership | Natalie Morin|719 492 3102
Treasurer | Susan O'Neill| 719 660 7403
Social | Michelle WIngert | 719 439 6159
Junior Social | Veronica Early 719 339 7906|
Maintenance | Dave Drury | 719 684 5984
Jr. Maintenance | Josh Chadwick | 719 640 5024
Pool Manager | Justin Jergensen | 719 338 2782