Welcome to THE LITTLE DIPPER!
The Little Dipper’s purpose is to help build community through the foundation of swimming and has been serving Skyway families for 60 years.
Established in 1954, the Little Dipper Pool is a community gem nestled in the heart of Skyway, which is located on the Southwest region of Colorado Springs. The pool provides a family environment for all to enjoy featuring a large grassy areas to relax, a shallow end for little ones, and a diving board for the more adventurous kids and adults.
If you are looking for a fun and relaxing way to spend your summer days, the pool offers light snacks for purchase and multiple BBQ’s for grilling up a delicious meal.
The pool regularly has events to bring pool members together such as Teen Night, Kid’s Night, Family Night, Volleyball League, Fiesta Night, 4th of July Celebration, a more. Members can find any of the pool happenings on the pool calendar.
The Little Dipper also offers swim lessons for all ages. Sign up instructions will be sent out to Members about how and when to sign up.
Membership Application Procedures
The 2022 membership applications are now FULL.
Please read the information below before applying.
The Little Dipper Pool is open to members of the Skyway Park Civic Association. Early membership in the Association is open to:
(1) qualifying applicants who currently reside within the boundaries set by School District 12 for Skyway, Broadmoor, and Gold Camp Elementary Schools;
(2) renewing members of the Association who still qualify for membership pursuant to the By-laws and/or
(3) applicants who have maintained a membership in the Association for 10 or more consecutive years.
If 200 memberships are not filled by April 18, by the above qualifications, membership vacancies can be from outside the residing area but still within School District 12’s geographic boundaries.
After May 1, if memberships are still available, residences outside the boundaries may apply and be accepted in the order in which they are received.
Membership applications will be considered as follows:
* Renewing members will be given first priority for membership, if their electronic application is received and payment is postmarked by April 15, 2022 and received in the Association’s post office box within three working days after that date.
* Renewing members lose their right to apply with the priority over new members if their payment is postmarked after April 15, 2022 and not received in the Association’s post office box by April 18, 2022.
* Prospective new members who meet the residential criteria will be considered on April 18, 2022 on a first come first serve basis, and will be notified once admitted as a new member.
* Prospective members should fill out the electronic application and mail their payment AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (However, please do not send a money in before March 1 or you will be asked to resend when the applications officially open)!
New members will be considered in the order in which their applications and payments are postmarked.
* Membership applications will be available on March 1. The link to the electronic application is below.
* Once your electronic application has been submitted, you must then mail your full payment, via regular mail, to the Skyway Park Civic Association’s post office box:
Skyway Park Civic Association
P.O. Box 38852
Colorado Springs, CO 80937-8852
* Notice for Renewing Members: Renewing members’ checks will be cashed as they are received. Your cashed check will serve as your receipt and membership verification.
* A membership information packet is available online and may be downloaded at any time. It is strongly recommended that all members read through these documents as they will include important pool updates for 2022.
* IMPORTANT: Applications are not complete until we have received both the electronic application and the full payment.
The 2022 Little Dipper Pool Board would like to welcome all new and returning members to the Little Dipper Swimming Pool.
2022 Membership Information **Please Read**
Online Membership Application 2022 - FULL
2022 Meeting Minutes:
Advertising & Fundraising
Advertise your Business at The Little Dipper Pool with a 6' x 3' Banner!
Your banner will be seen by 200 local families for the entire summer. You can provide the banner or one can be made for you! Banners are displayed around the pool along the interior fence!
Please contact our Vice President to inquire.
Looking to help in a different way? LDP is always looking for donations, fundraiser opportunities and volunteers to make improvements around the pool.
Send an email to our Senior Social Board member to inquire.
For general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form:
SKYWAY PARK CIVIC ASSOCIATION, INC
2022 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President |Kat Sonner
Vice President | Dave Drury
Secretary | Michelle Wingert
Membership | Molly Lautenschlager
Treasurer | Susan O'Neill
Junior Social | Leah Urban
Senior Social | Veronica Early
Sr. Maintenance | Jon Campbell
Jr. Maintenance | Brandon Orr
Pool Manager | Grace Babcock
Want to be more involved, make some new friends, and give back to your favorite pool in exchange for a free membership? Consider running for a board position this July for the 2023 season!